Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wow this Book is Old


A book I'm reading for my fabulous history class (studying hoaxes throughout time) has an entire chapter on a hoax from 1835 in which the New York Sun convinced tons of people that there were winged men and women living on the moon in a paradise of trees and water and beauty. Unicorns and a variety of other animals were also mentioned.

And at the very end of the chapter, it says,

"In a few years astronauts and cosmonauts will head moonward for the first manned landings on our gleaming companion in space--and the odds are very much against their finding the unicorns and bat men that dazzled our believing great-great-great-grandfathers in the summer of 1835."


Wow. The moon landing getting talked about as a future event. This book is OLD. (1965)

Good fun. : )



And I made myself a wordle for this blog (I don't know why it came out so small- I made it bigger so you can read it but now it's blurry, hmph). I don't think it worked very well, because all of these words to me, look like things I've said in the past 10 or so posts, but certainly don't represent all of the posts on this blog.



But I do really say actually a lot, and maybe I have discussed virginity a lot, so cool. And okay, I do say awesome a lot- it's not for nothing that my website's called hyperbole girl. It's for amusement purposes only, of course.


Woohoo!

<3-Rach

1 comment:

BB said...

I must say, I'm a bit amused that the random word placement of your Wordle appears to provoke the following phrases:
"facebook actually new"
and
"virginity awesome despite debate"