Thursday, September 11, 2008

Should Sex be a Legal Commodity in our Society?

I came across this story online the other day

Student auctions virginity, sparks online debate

"LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A 22-year-old woman in the United States is publicly auctioning her virginity to pay for her college education, sparking a heated online debate about sex and morality.
....

"I don't think auctioning my virginity will solve all my problems," she told celebrity television show The Insider on Wednesday. "But it will create some financial stability. I'm ready for the controversy, I know it will come along. I'm ready to do this."

"We live in a capitalist society. Why shouldn't I be allowed to capitalize on my virginity?" she added."


What do y'all think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see why not. I mean what harm is it to someone else? It is her choice. Now whether it is illegal because it is like prostitution that is another issue that I also support the legalization of...

Jimmy Rogers said...

It's probably not legal to do that in LA....but if it was it's not so much that it's immoral....it's that she'll probably regret it in the future. Some women may be able to handle it, but I would think auctioning yourself off to some random guy online is probably not going to end particularly well.