Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New York, New York

was awesome. Aram and I went there on Friday for a well-deserved vacation from- basically everything. Came back yesterday. Having Columbus Day off rocks.

Polar Bear's Grandma got us tickets to Equus- which was completely brilliant. Daniel Radcliffe as the psychotically disturbed horse-lover, Richard Griffiths as the disillusioned psychiatrist- the acting was so stupendous that honestly, I almost missed naked Harry Potter. It was a really really good show.

Well okay. I didn't miss the nude scene. It's just that there wasn't much to see- weird lighting for most of the scene. Then when I could see...that- it just wasn't impressive. I mean, I know Harry Potter probably gets a lot of play, but I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

And Kate Mulgrew, the captain from Star Trek: Voyager was in it too. It was awesome.

As a surprise for Aram, I got him tickets to an off-Broadway production of The Tempest with Mandy Patinkin as Prospero! He was totally not curious at all, but once he found out what his surprise was (we literally walked up to the theater and he saw the play's poster)- he was so excited. The play was amaazzing.

Sunday- we went out to Liberty Island and Ellis Island. Pretty incredible. Then we had dinner with his grandparents and his sister at this cute little Japanese place- Ilana and I split some orders of sushi that were really great. (Yes, I'm still eating fish for now)

On Monday, Aram and I got to meet my bosses at UWire- had some ice cream with them - it was fun.

I feel like I should totally go into more detail on this but I'm tired and I have a bit more work to do today.

-Rach

No comments: