Thursday, October 23, 2008

Balance

I'm a snacker.
A junk food eater.
A serious, hard core, competitive-style snacker.

I love my cookies.
I do.
I really do.
I love candy.
I love chips with bean dip.

And I try to keep it all under control
but sometimes it
doesn't
quite
work.

Even the real food I love tends to be
not
so
good
for me.

At least I kicked red meat and poultry out.
(For the most part- I cheat sometimes)

Fish rock.

Except for that whole mercury poison thing.

I would give up my snacking,
but you see-
I'm trying to make a yellow purse out of
candy wrappers
-like those $150 ones you see sometimes-
and
it's positively necessary
for me to eat
tons of Peanut M&Ms
to get the wrappers.

I figure-
it balances out with the
V8 fusion I guzzle
(a full serving of vegetables)
(a full serving of fruit)
and the baby carrots
I take swimming in ranch dressing
with a 10 point Olympic dive
into my mouth/throat/belly.

All part of this
suffering for art
(food?)
after all.

No comments: