Friday, October 24, 2008

Domain Name!

Aram bought me my own domain name for my birthday (okay, there's still three months to go, but still). I'm so excited!

I got FourPointReport.com (don't go look, there's nothing there yet)- a reflection of the foreign correspondence I want to get into, and the very real fact that I tend to travel around a lot. Aram and I are currently trying to work out our winter break plans between Texas, New York, and Virginia (I want to be in Fairfax for my 21st birthday- January 11th at midnight I need people to come celebrate with me so everyone should plan for that starting now. : ) ) And that's all in the same country!

I'm going to London next semester. : ) I'll spend four solid months in a different country- living around a different culture and way of life! Speaking the same language, of course, but everything else besides that will probably be different. I'll be interning -somewhere- in some journalism field- Mason study abroad works with some company over there to find us jobs. Can't wait to see where I end up.

Anyways- while I'm abroad, I plan to keep a blog. I'm thinking the name "Live from London." Probably in December sometime, I'll shut down this blog and officially move over to FourPointReport- I have to wait until Aram has enough time to work with me to design the website to my liking. I hope to basically keep a -real- blog from then forward- with lots of observations about my surroundings, pictures, video, everything. I want it to be a running example of everything I can do- as a way of showing off for jobs, etc. I think it'll be a lot of fun- I'm quite excited.

Plus I'll be in London with Kate! The Fox! How awesome is that? I think we're going to be roommates- our program director said it could be arranged. Brilliant.

(I think I'm subconsciously slipping more "British" slang into my writing style now. How funny.)

Before too long, I'm going to get another tattoo. A compass rose, on my left ankle (as a counterpoint to the crane on my right ankle). It represents my love for travel and journalism- there's an urban legend that the word for News came from North-East-West-South. It's totally false, but I love the idea behind it- the idea that you'd go to the Four Points of the globe just to get a story. So now maybe y'all get the domain name.

And now I'm off to go finish up my application for the Dallas Morning News for next summer. I hatttteeee cover letters (I have like, three jobs to add onto my basic cover letter from last year. LAME...and yet...awesome!)

<3-R

1 comment:

Jimmy Rogers said...

Are you planning on making another blog with your new domain or are you just gonna have a static page for your "web presence?" Just curious.

Also, Blogger just came out with in-page comments!!!! You can change it in the comments settings in Blogger. Wanted to share the wondrous news with you. :)