Monday, October 27, 2008

I MUST go to New Jersey soon.

Why? You ask.

1. I've never really stopped in New Jersey. (Not that I can remember anyways). I've driven through it in a car, in a bus, and on a train, but I've never stopped. This seems like an awful shame.

2. It's Kevin Smith's state. Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash exists in two places- Red Bank, NJ, and LA, California. Jersey is a hella lot closer. (Aram joins me in my enthusiasm for visiting this shop and spending hours if not days there)

3. I just found out that ELIZABETH GILBERT- the author of one of my fave books (and I know it's cliche, because almost everyone has read this book and loved it, but whatever, it's my life and I love it too)- Eat, Pray, Love- has a shop in Frenchtown, New Jersey that she operates with her husband. Awesome!!! I must go, meet, and slobber over amazing successful author.


And so, I am being inexorably pulled towards New Jersey- like a UFO is above me pulling me in!

I don't think this is a bad thing. Aram, as a typical New Yorker, might think otherwise. But whatever. It's happening. Not exactly certain when- with all the- NYC for Thanksgiving, Dallas/NYC/Fairfax for Winter Break, and then the -hey, let's shoot off to London for the semester- shenanigans. But I'll make it happen. Count on it. (I almost said bet on it, but then changed my mind- I had a strange vision of Zac Efron in High School Musical 2 dancing and singing like a young Nick Carter on a golf course....-shiver-)

HSM3 is supposed to be awesome. Apparently there's a Bollywood-ish scene in it. I -must- go see it before I shoot off to London. However, this is one I will NOT be able to talk Aram into going with me (I already took up his movie watching willingness with the Kiera Knightley Pride and Prejudice the other night- which was atrocious btw. Bleagh, they killed Jane Austen.) Anybody want to go indulge their 13-year old inner child with me?

Love-
Rach

1 comment:

obsessive blonde said...

I'll totally go with you to see HSM 3. I keep playing "Bet On It" in my apartment, it's driving people mad. I'm going to cover it one day, lmao.

Jersey is pretty chill. It doesn't completely deserve the bad rap it's got... driving on the Turnpike is one of my favorite stretches of the drive to the northeast. :)