Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Random Facts About Me

1. I love food. Like- really really love it. I enjoy trying new things and savor the old. Thus this entire list will be about my food quirks and loves.

2. I am a snack maniac- there are certain snacks I'll never keep in my apartment because I know they'll disappear in a day. These include white cheddar cheezits, any of the ritz bitz sandwiches, dried cherries, and wheat thins.

3. I never eat the pretzels in a bag of Chex Mix...unless I'm really really hungry.

4. I have a huge sweet tooth. If I let it get out of control, I would happily eat ice cream all day, with a side of cookie dough and my mom's cheesecake.

5. I have random intense cravings for corn dogs which really can't be explained. I think it might be the Texan in me calling out for the state fair.

6. I thoroughly believe my dad's brisket is the best in the world, no matter what my friend Aram says. He maintains that brisket was invented by Jews in New York City and the best brisket can be found at a Deli up there. We'll see- we're going up there this next weekend and I'll make sure to figure that out.

7. I. Love. Seafood. Shrimp especially. Mmmmm. I'm also a big fan of fish and lemon. Lemon makes everything better!

8. When I was in Europe in January, I really really enjoyed the food there. The lamb kebabs in Austria, especially, were amazing. The way they roast them on the spit is really just, quite incomparable.

9. I really enjoy a well cooked steak or burger. I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian- there's just a juicy wonderfulness about meat that just hits my taste buds in the right spot.

10. However, I've considered being a vegetarian before and have tried it on a few occasions- most memorably giving it up for Lent in like, 6th grade. I'd like to be able to give it up honestly- I'd like to be disciplined enough to help save the environment and the animals. Plus I've heard you lose a LOT of weight once you give up meat. But I just don't think I can do it- especially not right now. I think I'll try it in the summer and see what happens.

And yes, of course I'll write about it.

: )

HG

2 comments:

Aram ZS said...

Don't you know, you need to eat meat, that's what the sharp teeth are for!

Also, it is especially important because we are "made of meat"

http://www.atomfilms.com/film/made_meat.jsp

Don't deplete your supply!

Ravi said...

Def. agree with #2...as for #10, I'm myself proof that everything you hear isn't always true ;-).