Sunday, March 16, 2008

Introduction

So I've decided to start a blog again, and I feel I must be up front with it from the start.

I am a college girl, age 20, who is absolutely fascinated with life. I love writing, adventuring, traveling, reading, being able to make people laugh, and finding out about things first. I am insanely curious and easily excitable, in an emotional, happy way. These traits all add up to working out quite well for my chosen passion and career- journalism. I love writing about people, politics, current events, travel- everything. I also write poetry which is usually either very exuberant or slightly dramatic- I tend not to be two ways about things.

You can probably guess then, why I've decided to name my blog Hyperbole Girl. I will also be going by this name for the time being. It's a nickname my cousin gave me at one point after he'd heard me proclaim something, "Amazing!" possibly one too many times. For the uninformed, a hyperbole is "a figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect." It's from the Greek, huperbole- excess, from the base verb, huperballein- to exceed. I'm not entirely certain, but I'd imagine this is the same word which hyper, meaning emotionally stimulated or overexcited, derives from. This is a word commonly used to describe people with Attention Deficit Disorder. I must also be upfront in saying, yes, I do have ADD. I discovered it a few years ago when I began having a depressed nervous breakdown from the pressure of not being able to handle all the stress in my life anymore. It's something I deal with- it's part of who I am. So yes, I am occasionally inclined to ramble, joke, laugh, and be very hyperactive, particularly in the evening after my medicine has worn off and I have nothing much to concentrate on for work. I've had friends told me before that my stream of consciousness must be absolutely fascinating to read.

I'm going to use this blog to write about anything and everything I'm interested in at the moment of writing. It might be news one day, a favorite webcomic another day- whatever strikes my fancy.

Hope y'all enjoy it. : )

-HG

No comments: