Monday, August 18, 2008

So I bought my Mac

She's beautiful.

I know it sounds CRAZY to personify a computer- but...she's definitely a lady. The sleek lines- the pretty features- she's a sweet sweet lady.

She's a 24-inch iMac- I got the top of the line one and then had the guy add even more RAM- I now have 4 gb on my computer. I think it'll take me a little while longer to fill up this computer's memory than I did with my last one. 

The screen is humongous. Like- I feel like I'm constantly falling into a completely different Apple-ruled world. It's huge and gorgeous and yeah.

I named her Beauty. The free iPod touch that came with the system is Lumiere. I  now have mucho awesome music on my Mp3 player- my wonderful boyfriend helped me put it together last night and figured out EXACTLY what one CD would make me most happy to have on there- the PennyLoafer's Quicksand (amazing a-cappella rock group from University of Pennsylvania- Gosh I want to see them in concert). 

I can't WAIT to start taking and editing videos on this machine- it's going to be awesome. The graphics are ridiculously awesome. Even South Park looks better on it. 

I've also moved into my apartment at Mason now- in Northern Neck. It's a really really big space- well okay, everything's big except the room I'm actually sharing with someone. It's not like, tiny or anything, but it's not as large as I was hoping. I mean, we could fit an elephant in the common room and a couple camels in the kitchen, but my room would maybe take a couple ponies at most. I'm the only one here for now though- early arrival and Kate's in Ohio visiting family- so I'm taking advantage of the huge space to go through all my stuff bit by bit- finding out what I want to keep, what needs to get thrown out, what I want to donate, etc. 

I looked around today to see if the UWire Youth Vote 08 blog has launched yet- I can't find it anywhere, so we'll see. My story on Obama's VP announcement via text is supposed to be one of the first on the site. Link will be posted as soon as I can find the dratted thing.

Should probably get ready for work now- wee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I know the feeling...got a Macbook over the summer and when I'm at home, I hook it up to an external 24" monitor. Also did the 4GB RAM upgrade -- vast improvement over my old 512mb laptop ;-).

What cool apps have you started using?