Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. Is it really smart to use the word "egress" to mean "exit" on a sign in a dorm hallway directing residents how to leave the building in an emergency? I mean- we're talking average college students here. How many of them are going to know what egress means? It would suck if they were stuck not knowing what to do because the sign assumed they were more intelligent then they really were....

2. On the second floor of our dorm, there's a spot on the side of the stairwell meant to be a "place of refuge" for people in wheelchairs- someplace firefighters know to get them from. Someone drew flames in red around the person on the sign on the wall. How ironic...and frightening. If I was restricted to a wheelchair, I'd really want to live on the first floor of a building- so I wouldn't have to depend on anyone else remembering to get me out to survive. But I mean, Mason doesn't really have a good track record with that, according to this disturbing incident. Her mom wrote a letter to the Washington Post about it recently.

3. Would it really be a smart idea for Obama to choose Hillary as his VP? I wonder.


Long time no post- I'll try to be better about it.

-Rach

1 comment:

Jimmy Rogers said...

1. No, it's not smart
2. Try hitting the button sometime...it will have little voice alerts for HOURS
3. No, it's not smart

my 2 cents :P