Sunday, May 4, 2008

things you may not know about me

1. I'm slightly addicted to Bejeweled. It's on my iGoogle and I play it pretty much every day.
2. I adore reading memoirs of almost any type. I'm currently reading through the Diary of Kevin Smith, I just finished Valerie Plame's memoir, and over spring break I read Eat, Pray, Love.
3. I get really really excited about things really quickly. Like, even little things. Gummi Bears for example. Or free pens. If I find a song I love on the radio, I'll go download it and listen to it on repeat ten times in a row so I can try to memorize the lyrics. Stuff like that.
4. I am not a morning person. I used to be okay at getting up when I needed to- but this semester....nuhuh. Not anymore. I get very cranky without sleep and am in love with my pillow.
5. Because of my obsessive reporting on most aspects of Mason over the past year and a half, I know a ridiculous amount of information on the school and the people within it. This leads to me sometimes knowing everything about a person who's important in the news, without them knowing jack about me. This can lead to awkward situations....for example, a dude walked in the office that I knew a ton about because he had been important in past news stories. I recognized him and was like, "Oh hey, you're --- right?" He looked at me really weird. I swear I'm not a stalker, I just keep tabs on most of campus. It's one of those things I should keep a lid on probably....
6. I have a weird fascination with celebrity news. People magazine is my drug.
7. I hate pretzels- I personally think they're only of use for throwing at people. Except the big soft ones. Those are amazing.
8. Musicals make me really really happy.
9. I have this weird thing where I tend to always know who's around me- even if they're far away. Like- I can tell when someone I know walks in the room- from the second they show up. I think it's just an observation thing I've picked up- a combination of being vigilant, seeing well, and being attuned to what I hear. But I usually never surprised by anyone- I always know what's going on around me.
10. When I was little, my brother and I talked about having a guinea pig breeding operation, because we both loved them so much. I still really really want one- every time I'm at a pet store I constantly come up with ways I can keep one hidden at Mason (pets aren't allowed in the dorms). I don't think I'd ever do it though- it'd be too hard to keep from getting caught.

And also, I hate homework and studying and I'm trying to procrastinate from it right now....thus, I should probably stop blogging and try to get back to work. Ugh exams. Can't wait 'til I'm back in Texas!!!

<3-Rach

No comments: