Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Day, WPNI

So I'm at WPNI now, my first day on the internship job. It's a bit different than I imagined. We're in an office converted from a meeting room, walled by glass- you can look out on the entire floor. Not that there's much to see- pods of people here and there leaned over their computers working.

The entire office is dark- no lights turned on anywhere, just natural light. It's strange. I think I chose the computer in the office by the window specifically to combat that darkness- from here I can look down over the buses and cars and buildings stretching into the distance.

Don't have much to do now- I'm kinda bored. My boss basically wants me to work on profiles that another intern left off on, but I don't know where he stopped. Thus, I'm trying to go through them all and see which one is missing information...I haven't been successful so far.

I'm also surfing around trying to find out more about Loudon County- my current knowledge about it is zilch. I figure if I'm going to be working on a site called Loudonextra, I might as well start figuring stuff out. I hate not knowing things- I want to be coming up with story ideas, not trying to figure out the demographics of the city.

bleagh. I better start trying to get some work done- I wish I knew more what I was doing. (not that it's hard, there's just nothing to do right now.)

<3-R

No comments: