Thursday, April 24, 2008

Random Quote Love

While standing in Giant.

Me-"You're my person!"
Aram-"You're my everything."

Me-(dissolves into happiness and awwws.)


: ) happy times


btw I absolutely LOVE this series of comments on Connect Mason.

The first one infuriated me because I KNEW there were so many things wrong with it- like Nick was never EIC, his grad date was wrong, no one in Connect Mason or Broadside is in SDS, etc. etc.

But I couldn't comment on it because well, I was one of the people accused of writing too many stories about SDS last semester.

So I LOVED it when Nick responded and basically called this guy out for being an idiot. The best part was, "Do you smoke crack and bang your head against concrete?"

Amazing.

People ask me sometimes why stories get written about SDS so much- do I or the other reporters have friends in it? Are we super secret members or sympathizers to their cause?

Here's the secret- SDS does stuff worth reporting about. They're controversial, amusing, and they absolutely love talking to us. SDS kids talk in quotes suitable for print- everything they say is guaranteed to have some effect or piss someone off. Why wouldn't we write about them? They pull the most interesting stunts on and off this campus.

Plus they have a sense of humor about their reps on campus. There's a group on facebook called, "I shower regularly and I'm in SDS." Go look. It's funny.

And that's all I'm saying tonight.

: )

Rach

No comments: